Sunday, May 10, 2015

Lookout Lashes (Eyelash Curler, Mascara Guard, Eyebrow Brush and Refill SET) - Review


Lookout Lashes Eyelash Curler with free Mascara Guard and Eyebrow Brush Get it: Amazon ($16.00)
With summer right around the corner, we - ladies - all want to look pretty without weighing ourselves down with tons of makeup and false eyelashes. Isn't that right, ladies? Lookout Lashes eyelash curler can certainly help with that. 

I'll be honest and admit that I never considered eyelash curlers to be essential beauty tools. I didn't think they actually made a difference! Of course, I was wrong, and I realized that when I first used this cool looking little tool, because it really does make a difference. 

My eyelashes are pretty long and thick, so I don't usually have to wear falsies (unless I am going for a smoky eye look or something very popping!). I definitely don't enjoy wearing falsies when it's burning hot outside, because they make me feel like a circus escapee and I am very conscious of the extra weight. With the Lookout Lashes curler, I can achieve a similarly defined look without all the hassle of gluing something on top of my eyelids. The curling pads are thick and very cushion-y, so no worries about accidentally pinching yourself. They also seem gentle on the eyelashes, so they get the job done without damaging your lashes (I had that happen with a cheap kind of eyelash curler once). 

The curler comes with a mascara guard, which is another handy-dandy tool that quickly became my absolute must-have; an eyebrow brush and a refill of curling pads. All that is color-coordinated (pink and black!) and very chic looking. I really adore the mascara guard and use it every time I do my makeup, because there's really nothing worse than spending an hour on perfecting your look and then getting it all ruined with a nasty smudge of mascara on your eyelid or under your eye. Plus, using it is just so easy - all you need to do is hold it under your bottom lashes or over your eyelid and then apply the mascara. It's such a simple tool, but really saves you lots of time and frustration. 

Overall, I really love this set. It's a functional and well-designed set of tools, it doesn't take up much space at all, it's easy to use and it does what it's supposed to do - it makes your lashes beautifully curled and way more noticeable without applying many layers of mascara or wearing false lashes. 


17 comments:

  1. I've been wanting a eyelash curler. I also love the mascara guard, I always get mascara on my eyelids which is a huge pain in the butt if your eyeshadow is all done and perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel ya! :) I have the same problem, I think it's the most frustrating thing ever to get mascara all over your perfectly applied eyeshadow! :) Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a great product! I love the mascara guard. I could really use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! This did great things to your lashes!! I love the results!! The mascara guard is fabulous too!! Im constantly removing mascara from my upper eye area lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that eyelash curler. It's pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to try a eyelash curler but have been afraid to try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had a mascara guard and sure would love one. Even though I own a few different types of eyelash curlers, I never use them myself. This set may be worth trying, even for the guard alone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not tried mascara guide but it looks so helpful . I love that this product comes as a set

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great! I always end up getting mascara all over my eye shadow and I end up having to wipe it off and re-apply, so this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to be kind of afraid of curlers, but this looks so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never used an eyelash curler, I have always been afraid of pulling my lashes out. But it did a great job on your lashes so I guess I'm silly. Love the guard too. BTW, do you have a tutorial of how you did your awesome eyeliner? What brand is that? Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks great. Definitely adds the appearance of dimension and volume.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review. I watch videos and tutorials trying to learn how to use eyelash curlers. I was always afraid I would do it wrong and pinch myself. I have had to reapply my eye shadow over so many times, but I never thought about a mascara guard. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always wanted to try a eyelash curler but I wasn't sure how to use it. I love the results.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look like really useful and cool tools. I would love to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't use mascara because I haven't found one that doesn't make my eyes red and allergic. Looks good on you.
    slehan at juno dot com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for using my Guide and if it work for you that makes me happy


    Lengthening Mascara

    ReplyDelete